Cook Island Weddings Details you need to know
If you plan to get married in the Cook Islands, this is what you need to know or have in place:
A Marriage Licence
Application for License must be made in person to the Registrar of Marriages in the Cook Islands on arrival, and at least 3 days prior to the marriage.
You need to be in the Cook Islands for just three working days prior to the wedding to obtain your Marriage Licence. You'll need your respective birth certificates and passports, plus divorce papers and death certificate of former spouse if these are applicable.
The legal age of consent to marry is 20 years, otherwise written approval by parents is required.
- Marriage Licence $50
- Marriage Certificate $15
- Marriage Waiver Fee (If you wish to be married less than the 3 days residency requirement) $45
- Marriage Ammendment Fee $20
- Church Minister or Priest a donation (we suggest minimum of $50)
- Marriage Celebrant $100
- Registrar of the Court. Free if conducted between 8am and 4pm week days and in courtroom only.
- Registrars will conduct the wedding between 4pm & 6pm away from courtroom for $45.
Churches on the Islands:
- Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints
- Seventh Day Adventist
- Roman Catholic
It will be necessary to check with your local Minister regarding the requirements to marry in the Church as they will also apply to the Cook Islands.
All documents must be in English or translated into English. Weddings in the Cook Islands are legally-binding and internationally-recognised.
- About Us
- Cook Island Services and Utilities
- Cook Island Weddings Details you need to know
- Cook Islands Climate
- Cook Islands Dining
- Cook Islands Health and Safety
- Cook Islands Language
- Cook Islands Money Matters
- Customs and Imports
- Driving in Cook Islands
- Getting to the Cook Islands
- Punanga Nui Markets Avarua Rarotonga
- Rarotonga Accommodation Specials
- Rarotonga Accommodation, Aitutaki Accommodation, Cook Islands Accommodation
- Rarotonga On Sale
- Religious Observance
- Travel Agents and Wholesalers
- Weddings and Romance in the Cook Islands