Avarua township is Rarotonga's main shopping location. There you will find a selection of souvenir shops, department stores, supermarkets, bars, cafes and restaurants as well as the essential services such as banks, pharmacies, Post Office and Police Station. For that precious memento of your stay you can't go past the beautiful Cook Island black pearl. The Black Pearl boutique in Avarua and around the island are well worth a visit.
Major Shops: Mon-Fri 8am-4pm, Sat 8.30am-12.00pm.
Small Shops: Mon - Sat 6am-9/10pm, Sun 6am-9am and 5pm-9pm.
Saturday Morning is market day.
For an open air shopping experience head down to the Punanga Nui. Have a wander around the arts and craft stalls and sample some tasty local fare. Don't forget to pick up some fresh fruit and vegetables for your evening meal.
- About Us
- Cook Island Services and Utilities
- Cook Island Weddings Details you need to know
- Cook Islands Climate
- Cook Islands Dining
- Cook Islands Health and Safety
- Cook Islands Language
- Cook Islands Money Matters
- Customs and Imports
- Driving in Cook Islands
- Getting to the Cook Islands
- Punanga Nui Markets Avarua Rarotonga
- Rarotonga Accommodation Specials
- Rarotonga Accommodation, Aitutaki Accommodation, Cook Islands Accommodation
- Rarotonga On Sale
- Religious Observance
- Travel Agents and Wholesalers
- Weddings and Romance in the Cook Islands